Kerang and District Community Centre, trading as Kerang Neighbourhood House, is a Public Institution which has the charitable purpose of advancing social and public welfare and providing benevolent relief to members of the community who are in need, by:-
• Empowering the marginalised and vulnerable through participation in activities and education, regardless of cultural, socio-economic status or educational background.
• Creating programs that respond to identified need, particularly for those who are ‘at risk’.
• Providing education and programs for people from diverse backgrounds.
• Promoting social inclusion to prevent and/or relieve social isolation.
• Providing services with learning and development outcomes to enhance the opportunities of disadvantaged individuals and groups, including the long-term unemployed.
• Alleviating hardship by operating a community Food Pantry and providing culturally appropriate food and care packages to those suffering financial distress.
• Assisting those suffering distress and/or experiencing financial hardship to access services and supports.
• and to pursue benevolent purposes as the Board of Governance deems appropriate and are consistent with the strategic direction of the Association.
A healthy connected resilient community
To enrich and build our community by providing opportunities to connect, participate, learn and grow
Inclusion, Empowerment, Sustainability & Respect